If you are curious about birth control but unsure where to start, or if you are uncertain about which method may be best for you, you should reach out to our experienced gynecologist, Dr. Gitiforooz.
At our office, patients could receive a birth control evaluation in Cleveland and get answers to any question they may have. Every person’s situation is unique when it comes to birth control. What works for you may differ from what other people choose to do. Sitting down with a doctor to review your options is always a good idea. To learn more about the birth control options available to you, schedule an appointment to meet with one of our specialists.
Birth Control Evaluation Process
The first thing you should do when reviewing your birth control options is consider your own health, history, and lifestyle. These factors will have a direct impact on which method will be most effective for you. Some of the questions you may want to ask yourself are:
- How important is birth control reliability?
- How important is convenience in use?
- What are the potential side-effects from each type birth control?
- Are you open to permanent birth control?
- Are you willing to have a medical procedure or shot?
- Are you looking for a birth control method that also protects against sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)?
There are several options to choose from regardless of how you answer these questions. Reviewing your birth control options in Cleveland could be a first step in your evaluation.
Low-Maintenance Birth Control
Low-maintenance methods are one-and-done procedures, lasting from three to twelve years. These types of methods include birth control implants and IUDs (intrauterine devices). Both are 99-percent effective.
Scheduled Birth Control
Scheduled birth control methods require regular maintenance (some daily) but are all quite effective. These birth control options include:
- Birth control pills (91-percent effective)
- Birth control patches (91-percent effective)
- Birth control shots (94-percent effective)
- Vaginal Rings (91-percent effective)
Consistent Use Birth Control
The following birth control methods are effective when used consistently whenever you engage in sexual intercourse. These methods are typically less effective overall due to inconsistent or inappropriate in use.
- Condoms (85-percent effective)
- Internal condom (79-percent effective)
- Diaphragm (88-percent effective)
- Sponge (76-percent effective)
Find the Right Birth Control Solution for You in Cleveland
A birth control evaluation is a good start in choosing the rights method for you. It gives you an idea of the types of birth control options available to you, as well as their typical efficacy. Many birth control options are available over the counter at your local pharmacy. Other options may require a separate appointment with a healthcare provider. Costs vary depending on the type of birth control you choose. Schedule an appointment to come into our office for a birth control evaluation in Cleveland.